Moms Affiliate Banner

Saturday, March 22, 2014

#DisneySide @ Home Celebrations Party

A while back, I was chosen to host a #DisneySide @ Home Celebrations Party thanks to MomSelect & Disney. It was a blast! I collaborated with my son's preschool and hosted it as part of a Valentine's Day event at his school. I used most of the items that were sent to me for the party. Some items I was unable to use (mostly decorations) due to the school being set up for their own event that was planned ahead of time, however, I donated those decorations to the preschool to be used in the classrooms and future events. The preschool was so excited to receive them.


During the event, I explained to the families about being a product reviewer and blogger and spoke to them about the wonderful sponsors of this event and how I was chosen for this party. All of the families and staff were so interested in finding out more and even requested that I do a class specifically on product reviewing and blogging so that the parents could try their hand in blogging!







I purchased Valentine's Day snacks and drinks to incorporate into the party since the preschool has a policy against bringing in home-made treats. I really wanted to make Mickey Mouse-themed snacks, but due to this policy, I was unable to. We set up a photo shoot spot where I took Valentine's Day photos of the parents with their children. I am going to be making prints of all of the photos and giving them to the families.

While I spoke with the parents, the children were doing fun activities in the classrooms. My daughter, who is homeschooled, volunteered to help out with the party. She did hand paintings (instead of face paintings) for the children. The photo below is of my daughter painting my son's hand. (This is why his face is not blurred like the children's faces below.)




The party was a great success, and everyone enjoyed receiving the sponsored goodies that I handed out.


*Due to preschool policy, I am unable to post photos of the children's faces online (per preschool request), so they are blurred out. Due to this same policy, I was not allowed to video record the event.*









 (This one is my husband and our son...so it's ok to show!)


As a member of MomSelect, I was sent free products for personal use and to give to my party-goers, in exchange for my blogging efforts and reviewing efforts. All opinions herein are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment for a giveaway, please include an email to contact you if you are chosen as a winner. I will not contact anyone outside of an email address (i.e. on Twitter or Facebook). Thank you very much!