Moms Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Store Cards!

Store cards! If you don't have them, sign up for them. Most of them are free. Even if you rarely shop the store, the couple times you do, you'll save money. Most stores like Winn-Dixie (in the South) or Pick and Save (up north) have store card prices. When you pick your grocery item, it will have 2 prices...the price with the card and the price without the card. Sometimes this price can be a difference of a few cents or a difference of several dollars. You save money each time you swipe your card! I own a store card to TONS of stores! I have one for Toys R Us/Babies R Us, which actually gives me points for every purchase, and once it gets to $100 limit that I've spent, I get a rebate check in the mail. I think it's like $5 or $10 towards a purchase. It helps! I have a GameStop one that I just signed up for. Not sure really what I get from that one. I only shopped there one time now that we don't buy anymore video games (we have way too many!), but the one time I shopped there, I racked up some points. I have a Hallmark card, which allows me to earn points towards gift certificates to be mailed to me. They are usually like $5 or so towards a purchase of $5 or more. I also have many others that I can't think of right now...like I said...I have TONS! LOL

Another great way to save money is to buy a membership to a warehouse store like Sam's Club or Costco. Yes, buying in bulk is sometimes ridiculous...for example, who needs a truck load of toilet paper, right? But sometimes, buying in bulk really saves on money! We love our Sam's Club membership. We also have the Sam's Club standard credit card, which is actually made into a membership ID card. The great thing about this card is that we can use it at any Wal-Mart or Sam's Club, and the payments are low!

So sign up for every free card you find! You'll be amazed at how much money you can save!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment for a giveaway, please include an email to contact you if you are chosen as a winner. I will not contact anyone outside of an email address (i.e. on Twitter or Facebook). Thank you very much!